Thursday, December 4, 2014

Inspiring Solo-Afternoon Adventure in the World of Brick-and-Mortar Art and Craft Supplies Yesterday, 12.03.2014

Christmas came early, or maybe my 35th birthday was just running a little behind schedule when I took a detour yesterday afternoon, as I was waiting for my hubby at a meeting across the street, which lead to some creative inspiration with some crafty retail therapy only available in our small community at "The Scrapper's Nook" (despite being cut short by my handsome-but unenthusiastic regards for the arts, particularly when impacting our finances and savings). This short-lived escape into my own little world was induced by my random spontaneity needed as a bored housewife and the regular anxiety of life's day-to-day we all cope with according to our lifestyles and required responsibilities (hey, at least I'm not the brazen housewife with gentlemen callers stopping in regularly or the drunken wreck with tacky pink curlers in her hair that finishes that bottle of Chardonnay long before her breadwinning husband returns from the office, right? LOL).

"The Scrapper's Nook" is a mixed media/ paper craft supply retailer located at "Artworks Studio", owned and operated by talented artist, Laura L. Comito; located across the street from Iowa's Carroll County Court House at:

507 N Main St
Carroll, IA
51401

Phone: 712.775.2035
Email: laura@artworksandbeads.com

All in all I had a much needed break from reality, although not as frugally as I always hope for these trips to be while supplying my craft studio with the necessary paper products and eye-catching embellishments that glitter my life (and frequently my front room rug or my hubby's work-required slacks). Regardless of a few unnecessary purchases and several dollars missing from my patent-leather clutch, my afternoon adventure can be considered a SUCCESS!!! Unfortunately I'm still in dire need of the only real "needed" supply to replace in my studio. How hard can it be to find run-of-the-mill 1/8" or 3/16" black and white eyelets that have become a staple product... My goodness, they are classic colors that I use in creating, as well as my wardrobe and home decor!!! Those two colors simply NEVER go out of style!!!

Thanks for the afternoon in your inspiring studio & boutique filled with my first real love...Art, Laura. I simply adore your precious works of mixed media. Can't wait to come back soon!!!