Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Creative Space: Anita Mulcahey -- From the Blog of "Cardmaker" Magazine

Confession time!!! I am addicted to creative space and overall scrap/craft room organization (along with being an obsessive crazy with a very colorful past)... In all seriousness, many days and nights have disappears while I trolled pinterest looking at other peoples crafty spaces (rather than utilize my own space)... Regardless, I am impressed beyond words at the desk in image #6 and #7... It has to be the most ingenious thing I have seen since the original scrapbox wandered into my email inbox. Conveniently this is also from Scrapbox...


*           *           *           *           *           *           * 

Welcome to Medway, MA, and photos of my creative space. It is not as organized as I would like, but it is mine and it makes me happy.


#1

My first photo is of my storage cubes which mostly hold paper. I bought my storage cubes at Oriental Trading a long time ago and they don’t seem to carry the same models anymore. I have seen similar cubes at Jo-Ann’s, Michaels and AC Moore. I desperately need to clean mine out again.


#2


I wish that I had more space, but I make the most of the space that I do have and I love these paper organizers by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®.

#3 


The second storage cube stack that I have is for more cardstock. I’m sure you  are not surprised by how much I have. I keep my Silhouette machine on top of the cube along with my Xyron machine for easy access.

#4 


#5 


I have a couple of bookshelves next to my desk which have my go-to supplies.

#6 


Here is a photo of my pride and joy—my ScrapBox desk with a see-through top. Seeing all my twine from The Twinery, washi tapes and my tools makes me so happy.

#7 


This is the desk from the front.  It’s so pretty and a perfect size for this room and my craft needs.

#8 


The last photo I want to share is of some inspiration that is on my wall.
Hope you get to craft if not today then soon. Thanks for looking!

*           *           *           *           *           *           * 


Original Source:

http://www.cardmakermagazine.com/blog/?p=11187