Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Who Started Your Church?


I was raised Catholic. My parents both belong to the church; my dad is a devout Catholic. However, after my brother's death in 2013, my mother's faith-based practices have changed due to an incident during high mass of my brother's funeral that she and much of my family found to be incredibly inappropriate. My daughter's Rhianna and Haley Rae also follow the traditions of Catholicism to some degree. However, my daughter, Madison belongs to a non-denominational Christian church. I still hold many of the values of my Catholic upbringing, but find it easier to apply them to my life in a contemporary manner rather than in the confines of a eerie curtained confessional or crossing myself with dabs of holy water as I enter the home of Jesus Christ...

xxLexy