Tuesday, June 30, 2015

28 Beautiful Marilyn Monroe Quotes on Life, Love & Happiness

 

I have adored Marilyn Monroe since I was a little girl. However, until recently I wasn't aware of the wisdom and insight she had shown off-stage. I am currently reading a collection of letters, poetry and journal entries by the blonde bombshell, entitled 'Fragments' (2010). 



According to the website, brightdrops.com, the following 28 quotes by the legendary Marilyn Monroe "provide a glimpse into the fast and furious life she led...They show that she had a thing or two to say about life, love, and how to be happy, and she had a lot of credibility due to the life she led..." The URL for the original source can be found conclusion of this post.



1. "We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle."

2. "Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."

3. "Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together."

4. "If I'd observed all the rules I'd never have gotten anywhere."



5. "You never know what life is like until you have lived it."

6. "A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night."

7. "Beneath the make-up and behind the smile, I am just a girl who wishes for the world."

8. "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."



9. "I live to succeed, not to please you or anyone else."

10. "A girl doesn't need anyone that doesn't need her."

11. "If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of the pretty."

12. "Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything."



13. "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

14. "In spite of everything, life is not without hope."

15. "All a girl really wants from a guy is for him to prove to her that they are not all the same."

16. "If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything."



17. "Fear is stupid. So are regrets."

18. "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."

19. "I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it."

20. "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."



21. "I am good but not an angel. I do sing but I am not the devil."

22. "I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."

23. "I don't stop when I'm tired. I only stop when I'm done."

24. "Dreaming about being an actress is more exciting than being one."



25. "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."

26. "Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right."

27. "I restore myself when I'm alone."

28. "All I want is to be loved for myself and for my talents."



Original Source: [ http://brightdrops.com/marilyn-monroe-quotes ]

No comments:

Post a Comment