Monday, April 13, 2015

20 Awesome John Green Quotes from Tumblr

§  

§ And when people try to minimize your pain they are doing you a disservice. And when you try to minimize your own pain you’re doing yourself a disservice. Don’t do that. The truth is that it hurts because it’s real. It hurts because it mattered. And that’s an important thing to acknowledge to yourself, But that doesn’t mean that it won’t end, it won’t get better. Because it will. –John Green

§  I don’t know any perfect people, only really, really flawed people who are still worth loving. –John Green

§  I fall in love the way you fall asleep – slowly and then all at once. –John Green

§  I go to seek a great perhaps. –John Green

§  It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person I n the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things. –John Green

§  Just remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are. –John Green

§  Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than the stories and people we’re quoting. –John Green

§  Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters. –John Green

§  My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations. –John Green    
     
§  “Oh, I’m grand.” Augustus Waters smiled with a corner of his mouth. “I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.” –John Green

§  Some infinites are bigger than other infinites. –John Green

§  Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. –John Green

§  That’s the thing about pain. It demands to be felt. –John Green

§  The town was paper but the memories were not. –John Greene

§  Thomas Edison’s last words were It’s very beautiful over there’. I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful. –John Green

§  True love will triumph in the end, which may or may not be true, but if it’s a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have. –John Green

§  What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person. –John Green

§  When you acknowledge that there is nothing repulsive or unforgivable or shameful about yourself, it becomes easier to be that authentic person and feel like you’re living a less performed life. –John Green

§  You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet. –John Green


§  You are helpful, and you are loved, and you are forgiven, and you are not alone. –John Green