Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Post-Christmas Scrap-Happy Adventure, Pt 2


I had another amazing scrap-happy adventure last night... This time my amazing bestie / brother-from-another-mother, Branden, and I went on what was supposed to be a quick trip to Walmart for the essentials at our house, Diet Coke and Mountain Dew cases and toilet tissue.

Regardless, I finally found my scrap-happy mojo that has been lacking here lately. Anyway, I made myself a"Hawkeye's Girl" trinket box (still undecided whether to put it in my Etsy shop of keep it just for me).I made this gift-type item from a satin lined jewelry box, with a snap hinge that originally contained a necklace. Below is a detailed image of the top of this box, including my background image, gold/yellowish mat, black glitter paper, gold brads, and my title image coated in gloss Mod Podge.  


The final image is the inner lid, made of gold/yellow cardstock mat, University of Iowa background that is cropped to fit accordingly, and adorned with a Mod Podge coated "Hawkeye" heart embellishment.


The bottom of this trinket box is simply lined in satin, and the front of the box (when closed) was embellished with skinny black grosgrain ribbon and front bow, with a gold gemstone.

©Scrap Happy Creations, 2014